Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900. From Monday night it stopped

Customer Question

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900. From Monday night it stopped receiving/sending emails although my emails appear to be functioning normally on my laptop (same email address). my email address is***@******.***. I phoned aol and the technician checked that is working and advised me to take the smartphone into a Blackberry dealer - please can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, just as this can help me understand the cause, why did you contact Yahoo when the problem is with your AOL account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Because I received an email purportedly from Yahoo ('your account was recently signed in from a unknown Location, please Verify Here for verification to avoid account closure' - I did not click on the link supplied out of caution re integrity, but I phoned a Yahoo contact line found on the internet. That call was cut off.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you remove the battery from the Bold and wait 10 minutes.Then connect the battery, turn it on and tell me if it now connects to your email account please.