Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have forgot my pass code on my I pad and it is now locked

Customer Question

I have forgot my pass code on my I pad and it is now locked for 5 minutes, how do I reset my pass code
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. For privacy purpose, since the login passcode is forgotten, we need to reset the iPad to factory settings, like brand-new, then you can restore your data from iCloud or iTunes, if you had backed up previously. Here is the fix:Open the iTunes program on a windows or mac computer. If you do not have iTunes program or your iTunes program is not updated, then please download / install iTunes at the Apple website below:http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/download/Press & hold the Power button on the iPad until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to turn off.Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.Click OK or Restore / factory reset. - If needed, it's easier to watch video instructions at the website below:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvkPlease reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.