*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have had my Kindle years (maybe 4?)...

hello!
I have had my Kindle for some years (maybe 4?)... I have really enjoyed using it, with no problems till recently, when a wide black band occasionally appeared across the page, obscuring the text... and now only the bottom 2cms of screen will open ... is it a fatal condition?
I hope it is mendable as I have several books I'd like to keep!
please advise
G Hughes ***@******.***
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
If that fails then unfortunately this will be an hardware fault, however you can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the other kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. Just sign in with your amazon account and all your books will be available.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!