Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My picture is dark even with backlight setting at maximum what

My picture is dark even with backlight setting at maximum what is wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem. This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV in question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Samsung LE40A556

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does TV menu screen also come up darker when push menu button on TV or its remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is reasonably clear compared to the picture quality

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn TV on and check if screen is bright?If problem still persist then it seems backlight inverter section is failing which is part of power supply board so entire power board will need to be replaced which will help to resolve the issue. Please get the part number off of label pasted on power supply board in TV to search/ google to get the price and stock info to order it if you wish to swap it in TV by yourself, part number would be like BN44-00197B or some thing similar.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.