Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

There. I have a Toshiba 42WLT66. I have just switched it

Hi there. I have a Toshiba 42WLT66. I have just switched it on and the colour is all messed up, kind of like a film negative but with a blue hue. It was fine earlier today. I've switched it off and on a few times, unplugged it, been through all the menu options but no effect so far. Just wondering if this sounds like a fixable problem or if it's time for a new TV!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.- Does TV own menu screen come up in normal color when push menu button on TV or its remote OR also affected?If menu screen looks OK then TV main board is defective and causing the problem. if menu graphics are also affected then it would be LCD panel internal issue and entire screen will need to be replaced.Looking to age of TV (year 2006 model) in my opinion it is time for a new replacement TV instead of spending time and money on this old one's repair as this TV is already obsoleted for current video devices and you would be better off with a new TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the response. It was the whole screen, including the menu graphics that went wrong. I switched it off and on again a few more times and it went back to normal so not sure what happened. if it happens again is there anything else I could try besides switching off and on again? If not and it happens again/becomes permanent I guess it will be time for a new TV!
Will be happy to leave a positive rating if you can answer my question above.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I'm afraid there is no other way to reset the TV and if problem reoccurs then try the reset to get it working again, in my opinion, TV screen is failing and its time to shop a new replacement TV.Thanks.