Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I just purchased a Sony HT-XT3 soundstage with 2 SRS-x88

Customer Question

Hi, I just purchased a Sony HT-XT3 soundstage with 2 SRS-x88 wireless speakers, all 3 are set up in one room, my problem is I would like to watch a film on my Sony Tv with all 3 acting as surround sound, i can only get sound from the soundstage. they are all connected to my network, bluetooth, i've tried several apps including songpal which work to play my music either from my ipad / iphone or media via my pc, its just the wireless surrond I can not get,
thanks in anticipation Eric
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you use Google Cast to send the music to an SRS, is it casting to the speaker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I don't use Google cast, but Apple TV via my itunes on my PC for my music, on the itunes page on my PC the airplay list is there which is computer, Apple TV and the 2 SRS which all work, its just listening to the TV with all speakers is the problem, this is all available via my ipad, thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
So to clarify from all devices it works as surround except for the TV which does not make use of the two additional speakers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
correct, thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is the TV though can only connect with sound to one device, which is the main HT-XT3 whilst the other devices can cast to multiple sound devices.
This is why it will only play to the HT-XT3 and not case to the additional speakers.
The only way around this is via a direct physical connection between the devices via for example and amplifier or sound system as the TV can only send the sound to one device. But with the HT-XT3 as this is not what its designed for (its designed as a self contained unit for TV's) its not possible sorry.