michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a EPSON XP-405 PRINTER WHICH IS SHOWING A PRINTER ERROR.

I have a EPSON XP-405 PRINTER WHICH IS SHOWING A PRINTER ERROR. I HAVE CHECKED FOR PAPER JAM AND TURNED IT OFF AND BACK ON BUT STILL HAVE MESSAGE
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youI am sorry to hear that you are facing a problem with the printerThe Printer error message on an epson printer may come up due to either an internal mechanical fault\jam that may requires the unit to be servicedhowever there are few steps we can try firsti will list down below
Turn off printer and unplug power cordkeep the ON button printer pressed for 10 secsheck the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it. you can also blow some air in these areasremove all paper from paper trayonce done turn the unit back on and check
if still error repeats remove the ink cartridges and reseat them and check
if still error repeats then the symptoms indicate an internal mechanical error and for the same the unit would need to be serviced either for a jam issue or `sensor faultyou may contact an authorised printer service provider to get the unit serviced i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults\jams in can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again let me know if you have any questionsplease click on a smiley face below\ stars above to complete the rating of your question has been answered Thanks for choosing just answer