Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic recorder will not record. Went to record on timer

Panasonic recorder will not record. Went to record on timer tonight and a msg flashed onto tv screen but went to quickly to read. Recorder will now not record any channel and display reads hddA1/1. Have turned both tv and recorder off and returned channels with no effect
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step as this was not clear, can you remove the power to the recorder and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it then records please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just switched off will give it 5 mins
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just turning back on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank youTell me if the hard drive error appears please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine... easy then. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! Good it s working again, was then the firmware that needed a hard restart.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Av1 is showing on display and timer has,set. Any idea,why this happened was it User error?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No not user error, the firmware crashed can happen. Needed a hard restart, like a computer can at times.It will be ok now. If it ever happens again, just repeat what we did.