Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Nikon D7000 the LCD does not playback photos or display

I have a Nikon D7000 the LCD does not playback photos or display the menu. It works on live feed though, but I cannot change the aperture or exposure. It worked fine until I accidentally stowed it switched on. The battery went completely flat, but is now charged.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
20 seconds is to short to reduce the residue power.
Can you remove the battery they hold the shutter down for 60 seconds, then release and put the battery back in and tell me if it then functions correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no change
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Without the menu there is no other options and it confirms the issue as the internal memory that has faulted.
Residue power can cause this but we have ruled this out. A memory segment has shorted and causes it to fail on some functions. This is usually caused by over heating, moisture or faulty components.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately the warranty has expired. Thanks for trying.