Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a 10 year old Panasonic TX-32LXD52 TV. Problem with

I have a 10 year old Panasonic TX-32LXD52 TV. Problem with DVB TV guide. Haphazard information on the programmes available. I can still view the programmes but there is no info on the TV guide. Have tried re-tuning on numerous occasions but this does not help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Connect the power and turn on the TV and tell me please if you still have the problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by "confirm my settings"?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I have not mentioned anything about settings sorry, so not sure what your referring to.But I will repeat the instructions, that's no problemAs the first step, can you please remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes. Connect the power and turn on the TV and tell me please if you still have the problem Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Powered off for 10 minutes. Some channel info o.k. but majority of info shown is only from 18:00 to 1900 so not ideal. More help needed please.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What do you see outside of the 18:00 to 19:00?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just blank lines

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you try to replace the input cable and tell me if you have the same issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still the same issue

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Do you have another TV there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, no, just the one

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
its ok, Nearly always its the internal memory that has faulted, Cable or signal. We have ruled out the cable and also residue power and in my experience its the internal memory in the TV. But to confirm this you test on another TV. As you do not have one, wait a day and if you still have the problem then it is the TV's memory (I am 99% sure it is) In this case, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the TV. Repairing this issue is not feasible for this TV. 10 years is very good use, but the boards are impossible to get and would come with no warranty. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you