Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

MY TV HAS LOST ITS PICTURE BUT STILL HAS SOUND WHAT CAN I

Customer Question

MY TV HAS LOST ITS PICTURE BUT STILL HAS SOUND WHAT CAN I DO??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem. This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model Code - ps50q a96hdx/xeu, serial number - z59n3ssp602640h, version - sk01, wii, dvd player, sky+hd box, on all devices no picture but sound
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
any help
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for TV model number info. Working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for waiting, unfortunately it seems hardware failure and this kind of problem occurs due to failure of scan boards located on either sides at rear of TV that known as y-main and x-main boards, mostly y-main board goes out and some times power supply board also found defective due to high voltage section failure that provides volts to scan boards.I wish I had better news about TV problem but it seems TV tech job to troubleshoot/ check above mentioned boards to determine what board is bad to get it replaced, you can expect 100 plus Pounds repair cost for this work from local TV repair shop.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.