Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung a3 when making a phone call I am able to hear

I have a Samsung a3 when making a phone call I am able to hear the caller but they can not hear me s voice is working and when I put it on speaker I can be heard but very faintly can you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly how you reset the phone? Which steps did you take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As it is an A3 I I was unable to remove the battery so I did it through settings then back up and reset
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I would like you please to do it via the hardware buttons instead as this runs a cleaner reset.
To do this
Power off completely the phone by holding the power button until it is fully off (not just in standby)
Then press and hold power, volume up and home buttons at the same time until you reach the recovery menu.
In recovery use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and Power key to select.
Choose “Wipe data factory reset”.
When done, from main menu of recovery pick “reboot system now”.
Then setup the phone again and tell me if it still has the problem please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I have just tried to set up my voicemail message and nothing can be heard
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, do you have a handsfree kit with you there? So something to plug into the headphones and talk via this?It will have come with one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I put the call on speaker or with Bluetooth it seems to be working I am able to record a message on voicemail
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I think the headphone (handsfree) switch may be stuck.Use a match and clean out the headphone socket as best you can. There is a switch in there you need to try to get unstuckOnce done, test and tell me if it works please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing at all
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ThanksIt is a fault on the mainboard within the phone and will be the microphone module and working in normal modeA corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. We have also ruled out the hands free switch as the other cause for this.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you