Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Have a Samsung KE55S9 TV and screen does not come on but red

Customer Question

Have a Samsung KE55S9 TV and screen does not come on but red light is flashing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you disconnect the power to the TV (remove the power plug to the socket) then on the actual TV hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 10 minutes, connect the power again and then try to turn it on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still the same

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks David
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It will be a blown capacitor on the board
Residue power can cause this but we have now ruled this out which confirms the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.