Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Purchased an ex display SONY bravia TV from a Currys store

Purchased an ex display SONY bravia TV from a Currys store for my business. I've setup the TV up in our office meeting room and connected it by LAN cable to company network. The TV is now connected to internet but I do not know how to search for my company network and documents when I want to play a presentation from the network drive to the TV.
I had hoped we could train sales staff by playing power point presentations from the server through the new TV.
Can anyone help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the TV please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Just checked and its a KDL-40W605B

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul
You cannot send data to it like you would a computer on your network. You hvae tweo options here.
You can connect a computer to it via the HDMI port then you can use it as a computer screen and send data to it this way
Or you can control it via a smartphone which you can see here
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HM154111/EN/tvsideview.html
But it is not designed as you expect a computer to be, where you can control it like this.
if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.