Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Sony Bravia KDL32-S3000 TV which is 8 years old

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia KDL32-S3000 TV which is 8 years old and want to connect my new PS4 via HDMI.
When I try either the device is not recognised or the screen resolution is out and will not display.
Can you help?
Adam.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
This TV is not 1080p it is only slightly above 720p. You would need to set your PS4 to 720p in order for it to work.

To do that go into settings, go down to sound and screen.
Choose video output settings, under resolution change it to 720p.
In order to take full advanted of the 1080p you would need to upgrade your TV to a newer model.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Sony.