Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I HAVE A SONY BRAVIA KDL 32BX300 TV AND RECENTLY I HAVE AN

I HAVE A SONY BRAVIA KDL 32BX300 TV AND RECENTLY I HAVE AN IMAGE OF BOXES ON THE SCREEN WHICH I CANNOT REMOVE. I THINK IT IS RELATED TO THE BRAVIA SYNC BUTTONS AY THE TOP OF THE REMOTE CONTROL
THE IMAGES ARE SHOWING A SERIES OF BOXES STARTING WITH A RED BRAVIA LOGO ON THE LEFT WITH SEVERAL OTHER LOGOS NEXT TO IT AND THE WHOLE LOT FADE AND RETURN ON ALL CHANNELS AND IS VERY DISTRACTING WHILE WATCHING TV.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OTHER LOGOS FORMING A STRIP ON THE SCREEN WHICH FADES AND RETURNS AND IS DISTRACTTING WHEN WATCHING TV.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.It seems your TV has set on Store/Demo mode which causes such boxes to display TV features repeatedly. Please get me the model number off of your Sony TV to assist you further how to cancel the demo mode in TV.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE REGISTRATION PLATE ON THE TV STATESSONY KDL-32BX300 serial no(###) ###-#### manufacture date 10/2010
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model number info. Working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting, you can select Home Use mode either in Home > Auto Start-up > Location option and if it gives any trouble then reset the TV to restore it to default settings then go through initial setup where you will get language, location settings etc to make this changes. To restore TV to default settings please follow below procedure..1. Turn on the TV.2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup. Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS I WILL GIVE IT A TRY AND REPORT BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. MIGHT TAKE HALF AN HOUR
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO LUCK IT DIDNT WORK!! THE TV PROGRAMMES ARE PART OF A BT VISION PACKAGE AND WHEN I SWITCHED THAT ON THE IMAGES RETURNED!! IS THERE A BUTTON ON THE BT REMOTE THAT WILL CANCEL IT
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, can you try the TV with DVD player etc to see if boxes are coming from BT box or generated inside TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES DVD OK THE SONY REMOTE HAS A BRAVIA SYNC SECTION WITH THEATRE , SYNC MENU ETC WH EN YOU PRESS THESE BUTTONS THE IMAGES DISAPPEAR BUT RETURN IN 1 OR 2 MINS.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so no boxes appear when playback DVD disc and TV displays normal picture. This test confirms that TV is all fine and problem (boxes) is coming from connected video source, BT Box.Bravia Sync button works with connected Sony video source through HDMI cable and mostly used to control power and volume level of connected video device through TV remote.Please call your cable service provider and ask them to reset the BT box which is causing the issue as TV works fine with DVD player. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS BUT I CANNOT CONFIRM THAT I AM SATISFIED AS I AM NO FURTHER FORWARD THAN WHEN WE STARTED
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, we tried to reset TV to default settings and tested with with DVD player (different video source) and got it worked fine so it left us with suspected BT box that should be checked by service provider.Please reconsider rating to answer as 1 or 2 stars rating is negative that affects my personal score on website.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE IMAGES ARE STILL ON THE SCREEN AND YOUR EFFORTS HAVE NOT SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I THINK THE MATTER MIGHT RELATE TO ***** AND MAY EXPLAIN IN MORE DETAIL AS FOLLOWS:
THERE ARE 10 SQUARE " BOXES" SIDE BY SIDE AND READING FROM THE LEFT THEY SHOW THESE WORDS
1,BRAVIA BX3 2,BE2 BRAVIA ENGINE 3,HDMIX4 4,USB 5,BRAVIA SYNC 6,DOTS 7HD READY 8,DIV 9,DIGITAL 10FREEVIEW
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Well, these boxes are defiantly generated with in TV, turn Off BT box for a while, do you still get those boxes on TV?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why you rated me with 'bad-service' where as I'm still trying to help you and the boxes you get on TV is because TV is in Shop Demo mode and I gave you info how to turn Off the demo mode in this TV.
Did you try the procedure mentioned in my previous reply and here it is again, you need to use Sony TV remote for it..
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem has not been solved and I have no alternative but to seek advice elsewhere the Matt I is now closed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Well, there is no other way around to solve it and I still don't know if you used Sony TV working remote to try the solution, anyway, thanks for visiting JustAnswer.comGood luck!