Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an apple Ipad and this morning it will not open and

I have an apple Ipad and this morning it will not open and will not respond even if it is on the charger. It was fine last evening but will not open this am.?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Even if it looks fully charged plug it into a different outlet than you normally use for at least 10 minutes. Then press and hold the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Try this at least 6 times as it can take a few times to work properly.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried all that you have said from multiple power sources but it is totally dead.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
How old is it? Has the battery been replaced? Have you tried a different cable to charge with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried a different cable and have used the cable on another device and it is fine.

I have had the Ipad some time and it is not had a battery change.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Eventually the batteries do die even though they are rechargeable. When that happens they will no longer take a charge and even on the charger they may not turn on. In order to have it replaced you would need to bring it to an apple store. It is also possible for the board to have failed but normally the battery is the issue. If you prefer to do it yourself this video shows how for the iPad 2 it is similar for most versions: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your iPad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Guess I have to take it to the nearest Apple Store. I do not think I could fix it myself>

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is up to you, if you do not feel comfortable trying it yourself a technician would be best. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your iPad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel that is the only option. I will have to travel 50miles to the store but I do not know of any technicians near me who could do the job.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Call smaller local computer shops some of them can do it as well, it does not need to be an apple store. Larger chain type stores normally will not do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Freddy

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your iPad.