nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 GT-P5110 tablet. I have never

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 GT-P5110 tablet. I have never used the camera. When I tried to use the camera earlier today I got an error
Warning
Camera Failed
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Please go to Settings - Select Applications / Manage Apps - Select Manage Applications - Select All - Select Camera and/or Android Camera - Select Force Stop and Clear Data - Turn your device off and back on. Test your camera.PS- Make sure that your Tab is connected to internet.Reply if the problem persists. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY. Thanks and Have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I go to Application Manager I do not see the camera listed there. The only apps I see are either 'downloaded apps' or on 'SD card'

When you go to Application Manager. There is an option of Apps (ALL) on the top of the list. You fill find the camera app there. Or you can also select the Running Apps, Camera app will be present there also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay I have done what you advised and turned back on the device and I am still getting the same error message

If you have any flashlight app installed on your phone then uninstall it and restart your phone. Now again check the camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I don't have any flashlight app installed. I haven't installed many items on the tablet and just have what was on it when I bought it.

Go to the dialler and dial *#34971539# ***** will get a list of options, select the second option to check if there is any camera firmware update present. Reply what message do you get. You should get the message that The Latest firmware is present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry what do you mean by the dialler?

From where you dial numbers for calling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to use this tablet for phone calls

Then go to Settings » About tablet » Software updates. Check if there are any updates are present or not. If yes, then update your tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am told all updates have been installed. The device is set to update automatically.

Have you ever used the camera of your Tab?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, today was the first time I tried to use it.

Then I think there is some problem in the mother board as you have done all the troubleshooting. I would advice you to contact Samsung. This is an hardware issue. Now tell me you want to rate the chat Positively or should I request a refund for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would rate the chat positively and thank you for your help. I am not requesting a refund.

Thank you very much. I hope Samsung solves your issue.
Please rate the chat positively so that I can receive the payment. Thanks again.