Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung TV is connected to a sky box. I have had a continuous

Customer Question

My Samsung TV is connected to a sky box. I have had a continuous message on my screen for weeks "Disconnecting Anynet+ device" but nothing changes. The volume is also on at full. The remote for the TV will not operate anything other than on/off, so I cannot use any of the menus. I can watch the tv through the sky function,but my sky remote will not change the volume or get rid of the message.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.- Can you please get me the model number off of your Samsung TV?- Also, have you tried to unplug Sky box power cord from wall outlet/ switch Off at the wall to cut the AC supply for 5 minutes, replug back in, turn it On and check if TV display the picture now? These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The TV model number is ***** I have turned off the power to the sky box and will wait for five minutes before turning it on again. I did turn off power to box at the mains before, but did not leave off for more than 20 seconds!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model info, please cut the AC power of TV for 10 minutes as well if it hasn't left that longer and reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have turned the tv and sky box back on and while the box was initialising, the tv was a blank screen, except for the display in the left top corner, scrolling through all the channel numbers continuously. The remote would not do anything. Now that the sky box is back on again it is exactly as before - full volume, and the disconnecting anynet+ device message

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, this test proves that problem is with TV main board where main processor chip has got internal failure and causing continuously scrolling channel numbers and full volume command that could be generated due to stuck control button on TV itself so please check the control buttons to see if any one got sticky or main board need to be replaced in TV to get it fix.If controls buttons on TV are fine, not sticky then swap the main board in TV which will help to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The buttons appear to be fine. They do not seem to stick, and I have cleaned them with contact cleaner.

I assume that swapping the main board in the TV is an expert job and I will need to send the TV for repair. Is this correct? Is it a big job?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Swapping the main board in TV is plug n play type work, need to take off back cover of TV after removing screws around the back panel to access inside TV then get the part number off of label pasted on main board of TV to search/google to get price and stock info to order it.Unplug connectors on main board, remove fixing screws of board and take it off of TV chassis, put new main board tight the screws and replug all the connectors, thats it. An average handy person can do this work easily. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.