Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I reset my Huawei P8 and since I am stuck with Huawei App Launcher

I reset my Huawei P8 and since I am stuck with Huawei App Launcher and it won't show third party Launcher. Please HF elp
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
When you check the play store, it has the option there to open the apps by pressing open.
What happens when you do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, When I go into the apps and look at "my" apps I don't have an option to open them, it just says its installed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Search for one of the apps in the Google Play store and it should then say Open there.
Then press it and tell me what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer have Google play store installed on the phone, I have to access it through the Huawei browser which states that it's installed but its not visible.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then I know whats happened.
This is a phone that was only destined for the Chinese market. They do not use the Play Store there (or any of Googles services).
But, someone has installed a custom rom in order to sell it to the UK Market.
This errored out and when you reset the phone, it reverted to the original Chinese Rom.
Where did you purchase the phone from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought it through Amazon, I can find the site if you wish, if you want to give me a minute?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was dispatched and sold by Kidult_Online.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, have not come across them before.But basically they have sold you a phone that is not destined for the UK market and whilst the custom rom in installed it is ok, until you need to reset it which you have done.Your only option in this situation is to contact them as they are going to need to reinstall the custom Rom again (as only they have this) or supply you with the Rom so you can install it yourself (as you will likely again in the future reset the phone and would need this again).But right now it has the real rom that it was designed to be released with and you need them at the least to install their custom English Rom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would they install the custom Rom?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Via a flash program such as Odin or CW recovery, or others that exist. But the issue is they have the actual Rom (its a large file) that is needed.Look at it as a custom version of windows made only for 1 computer as the computer was only meant to be sold in China, instead they got the computer dirt cheap, had a programmer customize windows for the english market so they could sell the phone here and make a good profit.Problem is they did not do it correctly and update the base rom, leaving the chinese one on, so when you reset it it loaded this back up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would they send it to me as a patch vie email with instruction of how to install?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I cannot say sorry,
They Should, but it depends on the company and if they know what they are doing
Its possible another company in China did this for them and they are reselling with no real idea of what they are selling.
If I was you, I would try to get the money back and buy a proper brand eg: Samsung, Motorola, that is made for the UK market.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand, always used Nexus based...fancied a change..thanks for your help Richard.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Nexus are also really good.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one more thing, been checking my Amazon acc. Order details. It seems the initial order was from ISHOPPSTORE HK LIMITED . have you heard of them?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No but there are thousands of this, but it confirms what I said before.A "uk" company reselling from a chines one, with no real idea of what they are sellingThis may mean getting help can be difficult as I have found this to be the case in my experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK cheers.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome, let me know if you need anything else.And please remember the service rating.Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer