Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung UA46ES7500. It has a thin purple line on the

I have a Samsung UA46ES7500. It has a thin purple line on the RHS of the screen approximately 1 inch from the edge.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I want to remove residue power as the cause of this (its not an issue caused by settings).
Can you remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes and wait
Then connect the TV to the power, turn it on and tell me please if the line has now dissapeared please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your assistance.

After disconnecting the TV from the power socket, the line has disappeared. I will continue to monitor and revert if the line appears.

Hugh

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome HughAny further issues, just let me know hereIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The purple line has appeared again. Can you offer any additional suggestions?
Hugh
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its the display controller thats faulting Hugh.
This now confirms the issue
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks again for your prompt reply and service.
Hugh