Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Kodak esp 1.2 printer it is showing paper jam code

Hi I have a Kodak esp 1.2 printer it is showing paper jam code 3528 there is no paper jam how do I clear this error
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the power to the printer and let it sit for 15 minutes
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it still has the error please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that on several occasions it but the error code comes on as soon as you put the power back on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, when you start it, do you hear the cartridges moving as normal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello are you still there I have a meeting in 15 mins so need a reply

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it makes a clunking noise

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am here, but I see you made a complaint about me.You set the urgency to low for your question, hence why the replies are delayed to me....
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
anyway, try to feed a piece of card through the paper feed. See if there is any scraps of paper on one of the sensors that can be dislodged when doing this.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
and please let em know the results here via a reply...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot force card through it won't go

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, remove the ink from the printer.Then user a vacuum and vacuum it completely out to remove anything stuck on one of the sensors.Then without ink, power it off and on and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same error code 3528

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you are certain that everything has been removed and because the cartridges are clunking, it is the driver motor that is not rolling correctly (that moves the internal rollers and print head). When it stalls, the printer detects this as a jam and produces this error. We have removed all other causes for this.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But the motor needs replacementI am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to consider re-rating my service, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks anyway

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your welcome, let me know if you need anything else please.