Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have recently installed windows 10 - I have now lost the

I have recently installed windows 10 - I have now lost the internet Explorer (blue e) Also the Microsoft function tab (or clicking onto) does not respond so I do not get any menu or able to "shut down" in the normal manner
.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please
Restart the computer and on the sign in screen do not sign in but hold the SHIFT button and with it held, click on the power icon and click on restart (still with shift held down) until the computer has restarted and you are brought to a menu.
Choose Troubleshoot, then advance.
Click on System Restore
Then follow the steps to perform a restore from the last restore point.
Let this complete and when it has, tell me please if you still have the issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No difference still the same screen--not functioning

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Where you able to do the system restore? Did it complete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It said not able to complete - can I put it back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7? I have been told as windows has been over 3 weeks it can not be changed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its 1 month, so we may still have time.
Do this to see
open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ or “Go back to Windows 8.1″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
complete this and tell me please if it then reverts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not get the menu to "click on"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then do this please
Press the windows key + X and click on Command prompt (admin)
A black window will open
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Then tell me if the start menu opens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says access denied

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you need to click on Command Prompt (admin)
With the Admin on it please, not just command prompt.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says verification will take a long time

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats correct
Let it complete please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have found recovery option 3 says return to (Factory Settings) c with windows version that the pc was supplied - which was Windows 8.1

shall i go ahead?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, not sure why you went there with my instructions, but if you choose this you will lose all your data.Do you have data on it you need to keep?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

excuse my ignorance, but when you say data is that all the soft ware anti virus Outlook 13 etc

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes that is correct
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer