Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can you please tell me why thee batteries on my laptop discharge

Can you please tell me why thee batteries on my laptop discharge so quickly when it is turned off. It seems to be mainly the second battery, it went from 100% to just below 50% in two days the 1st only went to 98%.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This generally signifies an issue with the battery and that it is shorting out which causes it to discharge like this.
How old is the battery? And whats the make and model of the Laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I bought it a few months ago & it has had the problem right from the start. I have forgotten the model, can you tell me where I find it please.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Usually on a label Maxine on the bottom.
But if it happened from the start, the battery is faulty and is covered by the warranty.
I advise you asap to return it to have the battery replaced as this is done at no cost, while the warranty is valid.
But the battery is faulty and will need to be replaced.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could I just return the battery or do I have to return the whole laptop as I am unable to do this until the end of October as I am going away tomorrow until then.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They will usually want the entire laptop Maxine, but you need to check with the place of purchase for their policy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thank you very much I will sort it as soon as possible.

Maxine

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your welcomeLet me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service ratingThank you