Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I have locked myself out.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I have locked myself out. I have a fingerprint lock on my phone but I have done something to this and it is asking me for a Backup password ***** I cannot remember. How do I get the phone unlocked now
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The only way to remove the password ***** ***** factory reset the phone. This will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided sorry.
To do the reset
Turn off the device.
Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.
After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.
Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to reset the device.
The phone has now been returned to factory settings, and you can set it up and use it again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is the home button - is it the one you use normally in the middle of the phone where you putyour finger?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is correct Marion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My phone has reset - Many thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Marion
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.