Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Panasonic TV has suddenly developed a dark shadow on 50%

My Panasonic TV has suddenly developed a dark shadow on 50% of the screen.
Tried switching off viewing old recording shadow still apparent.
Shadow appears to have a ghost element from the last vowed program
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, would you get me the model number off of your Panasonic TV in question and how old it is and how long it have had the problem?Please reply with above info request and do not rate this response as we are troubleshooting the problem.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good evening Shahid

I knew I should have been more specific.

The television is a panasonic VIERA ser number NM-2622599.

About 4 Years old.

The problem appeared this evening.

The shadow is vertical and covers about 50% of the screen.

Stuart

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening Stuart, Please check model number that would start like TC-xxx or TX-xxx or some thing similar to proceed further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh oops

Model TX-L32E5B

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** of problem always related to display panel (screen) and if this TV has circuit board mounted under metal shield at top or bottom center of rear of panel (t-con board) then it worth a try to swap that board with identical one to see if it helps to resolve the problem. If t-con board is not there (it means its circuit is designed inside screen) then entire screen will need to be replaced which would cost more than new TV price of same size so at that point you would be better off with a new TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.