Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung smart tv model ue40eh5300k which was working

Customer Question

I have a samsung smart tv model ue40eh5300k which was working perfectly fine up to a few weeks ago. Whenever I press the "smart" button on the remote nothing happens. I first changed the batteries in the remote. The realised that also pressin Tools or Menu does not seem to work. I contacted my internet provider ( Virgin Media) as I have a high speed broadband and wanted to make sure there was no problem there. All my other devices are working perfectly on my wifi network. What do you suggest?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, we need to confirm the remote is working when push Smart, Tools and Menu buttons and this can be checked through digital or cellphone camera that can sense infrared signals of remote easily.Point the remote towards camera and push subject buttons, do you see flashing light on remote front tip while looking at it through camera?If you get flashing light then particular buttons are working and problem would be in TV. If no flashing light observed then you need to get another remote as existing remote buttons are worn out.Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did the test as requested and the light is flashing from the remote. I already thought the remote was not faulty as everytime I clicked on one of the buttons ( even Menu, Tools and Smart) there was a flashing light coming from the tv responding to the click. It's "just" that nothing happens on the screen!!!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delayed reply, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn the TV on and check if those buttons work now?Please reply back with the result to proceed further in troubleshooting.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I already did try that, and same thing...

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, lets try to reset TV to default settings, press Menu on TV remote and go to Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset, please put pin code (default code is 0000) to proceed, All the Settings will return to factory defaults message will appear, select Yes and TV will turn Off and On again automatically with Setup screen, go through setup screen steps to finish it and check, do those buttons work now?Thanks.