Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Roland SPD-S which I bought on Ebay from the USA.

Hi. I have a Roland SPD-S which I bought on Ebay from the USA. I also have one that I bought brand new in the UK. Am I safe to use the power supply that came with the UK model with the one that came from the US? THE actual SPD-S units appear to be identical.
Many thanks for your attention
***** *****berley
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I do not advise on this as the UK one has an earthing plug which the US one does not. This is required for older cabling in the UK, and I strongly advise to purchase a UK one from my link below
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLAND-SPD-S-SPDS-POWER-SUPPLY-REPLACEMENT-ADAPTER-9V-/150560496449
The US one can work but if you get any power spikes, as it is not earthed, then you have the chance of damaged and for £7.99 which is the cost of the replacement UK one, I advise you to be safe.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** I fit a British plug which is just live an neutral (brown and blue) to my British power supply, would that be ok with my American unit?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That will also work, no issue with that