Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic Viera TV was working perfectly earlier, then it went

Panasonic Viera TV was working perfectly earlier, then it went off and now it won't turn back on again. What can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I need bit more info about TV to troubleshoot the problem.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model no. is TX-P42GT30B.
There are several video sources plus a sky box connected to the TV. The screen won't turn on for any function.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, does power light on TV lit or blink when push power button to turn On the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It will flash green several times and then goes back to red
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK and red light stays steady and doesn't blink, is this correct?If so, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the red light is blinking
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
So red light is blinking?If so then count how many times it blinks then pause and repeats the same blink pattern?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just trying the ten minute power off
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please take your time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
blinks seven times then pauses.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, 7 times blinks indicates SC Board failure in TV and some times power supply board also went out due to short in SC board, it needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to determine what board is bad to replace it, this kind of work should be done by TV tech to avoid any electric shock as both boards work on high volts. I'm sorry it is not any wrong settings issue but hardware failure and TV needs service by TV tech.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.