Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Garmin nuvi 55 lm had over a year. It has

I have a Garmin nuvi 55 lm had for just over a year. It has stopped showing maps voice and directions ok maps of motorway junctions show ok but no picture on normal route. Any ideas please. Richard
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried doing a factory reset yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is a factory reset

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It resets the unit and settings back to the way they were originally.
A master reset will erase all favorites1 and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.

Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power

To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device

Press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
Power on the device while continuing to hold the display
Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
Touch Yes

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.