Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Funai HDD PVR is saying in test mode HDD CONNECT STATUS

Customer Question

my Funai HDD PVR is saying in test mode HDD CONNECT STATUS NOT FOUND
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This issue happened also with the old hard drive? Or only when you put the new hard drive in?
And which model is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the old hard drive when i turned the unit on showed on screen message HARD DRIVE ERROR the the unit switches off so i replaced it with another hard drive the unit is model T3B-N8182DB swith the unit on & go in status mode & highlighted in red HDD NOT FOUND

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What are the specifications of the New Hard drive please?And is it possible you could put the old hard drive in a computer and test if it is working as it would help me to diagnose the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the old hdd is a WD 250gb I have tried to read it in disc managment on the PC but it is not being detected by Windows the replacement HDD is a SEAGATE BARRACUDA ATA IV 80GB I have moved the jumper from the old hdd & im not sure were it was I think it was on cable select so im not realy sure were the jumper should go ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The Jumper has to go to Master, is it set there now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the jumper is on master or single drive position

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** are only three causes for this Paul
1) The hard drive you put in is faulty. So confirm it is running.
2) It is not compatible with the player, they are always released with either a 250GB or 500GB drive, so put one of this size in and see if it is detected. If it fails also then you know that the below reason is true
3)the mainboard in the player has faulted and will need to be replaced. This would be covered by the warranty if this has not expired but to confirm this you need to rule out the above 2 causes for this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as i was unable to read the old HDD in Windows im not sure what file systems the player uses i got some information that someone had the same problem and had to remove the Dos partition on the HDD but i dont know how the replacement HDD should look in disc managment what should i see in disc managment on the replacement HDD

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It would ask you to format it and do this for you
If you click Start, Computer you will see it there no matter the format Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok but that instruction is for when the HDD is hooked up to a pc not to a PVR

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes correct, the PVR will always detect the hard drive no matter what.If it cannot use it it will also indicate to format it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok im going to get hold of a bigger HDD to be able to try this out

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Please let me know the results