Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I HAVE A CASIO MWA-800 (1325) AND HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED THE

I HAVE A CASIO MWA-800 (1325) AND HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED THE BATTERY. NO PROBLEM IN SETTING THE DIGITAL SIDE OF THE WATCH AND THE 3 SMALL DIALS ALL WORK. BUT THE MAIN ANALOGUE HANDS I CANNOT SET. WHAT DO I DO ?
GREG.COOKSON
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
To do this in the timekeeping mode, hold down C until the seconds start to flash.
Stop the second hand by pulling the crownout when the second hand is at 12 o'clock.
Set then the hands by turning the crown
The moment the seconds digit reads :00 push the crown in
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE HANDS ON THE ANALOG SIDE OF THE WATCH IS NOT WORKING SO PULLING THE CROWN OUT WILL HAVE NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER. THE DIGITAL SIDE OF THE WATCH IS OK BUT NOT THE ANALOG. THE HANDS ARE SIMPLY NOT GOING ROUND.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to do it exactly as I said, so when its at 12 0'clock.Exactly like in my instructions, else it will not work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I CANNOT DO AS YOU SAY BECAUSE THE SECOND HAND IS NOT GOING ROUND AND THEREFORE PULLING THE CROWN CANNOT STOP THE SECOND HAND WHICH IS NOT WORKING
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you first held C in Timekeeping mode until the seconds started to flash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is the only way to set it, if it is not working it means the internal mechanism for the watch has failed, else the instructions would work.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the watchto have this repaired. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YOUR SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. UNFORTUNATELY THE PROBLEM WAS NOT SOLVED BUT THAT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.
GREG.COOKSON
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you GeorgeI am sorry its a hardware fault.If you need anything else, please let me know and please do an actual rating of my service by clicking one of the smiley faces ot stars and then submit to make the rating officialThank you