Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an old style kindle3.4.2(2887240004, which has a keypad

I have an old style kindle3.4.2(2887240004, which has a keypad and was bought in 2011. It was using 3G until last Friday 11 September 2015, when it stopped working. I am in an area with no wi-fi. Could you please tell me how to reconnect my 3G as amongst other things I am not getting my telegraph newspaper daily.
My registered user name is***** my normal e-mail address is ***@******.*** as I will not be able to use my kindle e-mail.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and tell me if it now connects.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

kindle is now working, but is still on charger, can I remove this as the charging light is still yellow, or should I wait for it to go green, as lately it is taking a long time to charge and not lasting very long?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To be safe, its best to give it a full charge, so leave it if you can please.But it will be ok now, just allow it the full charge.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you