Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Dmr-hwt130eb

hi! dmr-hwt130eb I switched on my tv this morning and all I could get was no digital signal available I removed the aerial from top box, plugged directly to tv and it works. any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the DMR and let it sit for 10 minutes
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if you still have the problem please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still the same problem!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the recorder itself, while it is powered on hold the channel up and down buttons for 8 seconds then release.
It will then return it back to the initial setup, setup the device and tell me please if you still have the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still the same

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.