Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Photosmart C4480 printer has decided to say "incompatible print

Photosmart C4480 printer has decided to say "incompatible print cartridges. As have only ever used HP cartridges and the printer was working happily until a couple of days ago don't know what to do. Have ta***** *****idges out and reinstalled them but still says they are incompatible. What next? Is it just age and b*****d?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The cartridges may be faulty from a faulty batch.
If you put different cartridges from a previous purchase, do they give the same message?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Changed the black cartridge. Now appears to be working ok as has asked for alignment test which it accepted. Thought, ashad been using a 350xl rather than the usual 350s if this was running out could that have been it?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes this could also have been it, and mis interpreting the signal from the cartridge. Or just a faulting cartridge which can happen.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.