Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and recently the battery

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and recently the battery was discharged completely. I cannot get the tablet to charge, despite leaving overnight. The battery icon indicates 0% charge but with the 'battery charging' indicator visible. The tablet will switch on for a few seconds, then goes into shutdown. Could the battery have been damaged by being completely depleted?
If not, how can I recharge?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Letting it deplete is generally ok.
This can an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Tablet and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
then connect the charger and wait 10 minutes. Then hold the Volume UP and Power button for 10 seconds and release and tell me if it now starts please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing has happened - the battery icon on shutdown screen is showing the charging symbol but that's been the case for a number of days.

I'm having to do out now but will try your next procedure when I return.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing else sorry Sharon
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.