Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a 46" ue46f6320akxxu samsung TV just over 12months

I have a 46" ue46f6320akxxu samsung TV just over 12months old picture is fine but standby light flickering and whatever I press on remote or soundbar remote I get a "Not Available " error message in bottom right of TV.
Wont switch "off" or "on" by remote only toggle switch on rear.
Most annoying on eve of Rugby world cup.
Can you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you switch it off then hold the power button on it for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, switch it on and tell me if it still gives the problem please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Switched off on switch at rear but then when holding it for 60secs it comes on immediately with same error message.

Unable to wait 10mins with TVoff

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, remove the power cable from the wall socket please then hold it in for 60 seconds.Then wait the 10 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me how it operates please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Followed instructions above but as soon as power restored the TV was on. Did not have to turn on TV separately.

Error appears regularly without touching remote.

Standby light flickering very quickly throughout.

Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian
It is the chipset on the mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you could I ask what a corrupted firmware is ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Firmware is like windows on a computer. Its what runs the TV, its the menu ect.
Sometimes this gets corrupted, like windows giving an error, and needs a hard restart which we did via the procedure I gave.
In a nutshell we ruled out if this problem was just a software issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will rate good service. Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Brian
Have a great weekend.