Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sony HXD995 only has one HDMI socket. How can I link it

My Sony HXD995 only has one HDMI socket. How can I link it to my new Samsung UE32J5100 LED Full HD? I do hope it is possible!
Many thanks for your expertise - Angela
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello Angela, I'm Shahid and will assist you.Please plug HDMI cable into HDMI Out in Sony HXD995 and plug the cord into HDMI Input (1 or 2) of TV, push Source button on Samsung TV remote and select correct HDMi input (which is connected to Sony recorder) and it should bring the Sony recorder screen on TV. Play a disc in recorder to get picture and sound on TV.Please reply back with the result or if there is any problem occurs to assist you further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** thing I should explain is that the Samsung TV is waiting for me to pick it up! I wanted to be absolutely sure that I could link it to my trusty Sony recorder - otherwise I'll send it back.

The vital thing is that I would be able to set the Sony to record TV programmes when I'm out.

If I follow your instructions above, will it do that, (the way it has always done with my old non-HD LG M225OD) ?

I look forward to your reply.

Angela

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Angela for the reply.HDMI Out port at Sony recorder provides Video and Audio signal and can be connected to any TV that has HDMI Input through HDMI cable/cord and you will get picture and sound on TV when playback the recorder.recording the TV programs procedure will remain the same, plug the antenna into recorder and run channel tuning to get available channels, TV has nothing to do with it as it utilizes as monitor only in this connection setup. There is no need of 2 HDMI cables to connect Sony recorder to TV.TV has two HDMI inputs so you can hook two different video devices/ sources to TV and need to switch the HDMI input to watch desired video source by pushing Source button to get input source list and select either HDMI 1 or 2 input.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.