Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Polaroid TV pt2-40led14 I am trying to connect my

I have a Polaroid TV pt2-40led14 I am trying to connect my HTC one m8 through a HDMI cable and mhl but it doesn't have a picture and won't connect can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me where you got the MHL adapter from please?
Which exact one you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered it from amazon it said it was for the HTC phone the make on the packet says volans mhl to HDMI HTC one m8 adapter hdtv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, restart the phone with the Cable connected.And make sure please the TV is switched to the correct input you have connected the adapter to and tell me if you then see the screen please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done what you told me and the TV screen is blank with a box saying no signal
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it set to the correct input channel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes HDMI 1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, disconnect the cable.
Then on the phone go to Settings, Applications Manager
Look under the list ALL for GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK
Press it and press Clear Data.
Once done, connect the cable and tell me if it now displays please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It had Google play services but doesn't have that one??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have found it shall I try it again ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes... please do the instructions I gave and let me know if it then displays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is still the same I have even tried a different HDMI in case it was that but does not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you see HDMI in the top of the screen on the phone when it is connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it is not detecting the adapter at all.We need to rule out if the adapter is at fault or the firmware on the phoneTo do this we need to reset the phone. First back up any data you need to keep on the phone (eg: Photos, contacts ect)Then go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory ResetLet this complete then setup the phone again and connect it to the TV and tell me please if it now connects.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done what you said and sorry it still does t work do you think the tv is comparable?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not the TV, its the adapter, there is an issue with it as the TV would just receive any HDMI signal.I advise you instead get a Google Chrome device as these adapters are not the most stable.First, go to Settings, About phone and tell me which Android version you have,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Android 5.0.2
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
perfect.Best solution is to get a Google Chromecast which you can get from herehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00I4WQ618you then connect it to the HDMI port on your TV, and then you can wirelessly send photos, movies and anything else from the phone to the TV.This is the solution you will want. It will work and it does not require cables.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help have a nice evening