dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

I have a Galaxy Ace. I loaded What's App which prevented me

I have a Galaxy Ace. I loaded What's App which prevented me sending SIMs so I removed What's App. Since then the phone has gradually given up and now will not start at all. I believe the battery is charged. Sometimes the word Samsung will appear on the screen but that is about it. It seems locked in some way. Help! Robert
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! So you might try removing the battery pack for a few moments, and then putting in back in the phone. then try to power it on. If that does not help, you would then need to do a factory reset to get the phone working again
Sorry I just saw that you already tried with the battery
So you would want to perform a factory reset of the phone. This would erase all of your data though, so do you have a backup of your phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't have a back up but I can replace the data that matters
Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys, until the Samsung logo appears.Scroll down using Volume Down and choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset, by pressing the Power Key.Scroll down (using the Volume Down key) and choose Yes – delete all user data and confirm with Power Key.Wait for the phone to reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got the logo and I have a little box in the top left which says RAMDUMP Mode (ARM9 mode)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But can't seem to get any scrolling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not scroll
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The phone will not scroll, Is there an alternative approach to the problem?
Using the volume button there is no ability to scroll? Can you try the reset once more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to restart several times. Once I got a different message in the little box and now I get just a small yellow message saying "Downloading.." Have you any other ideas? I can't see what else can be done.
Normally Samsung Galaxy is stuck in the download mode screen because of abad update, firmware corrupted or a flashing went wrong. However, to exit fromthis download mode, just pull the battery out from your phone. Then afterinserting the battery and turning on the phone connect it to your PC after it isbooted fully, check whether you have the right driver installed on your computer.If the phone connects and comes up as a storage device, then everything is ok.However, if the phone does not do anything, then you have to download kies.Samsung kies contains the drivers that are required for the phone to talk with PC.