Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic sa pt450 surround sound theatre system when turned

panasonic sa pt450 surround sound theatre system
when turned on says hello then display goes to ------ . not responding to anything, i.e. dvd radio
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you as the first step remove the power to the system (unplug it from the power socket) and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it now starts correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok one moment

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

while we are waiting, just to say its done this few times, i ve been turning it on and off then suddenly it will work. Its had a period of no use for about a year and was working perfectly fine last time used.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kerry
Sounds like a failing capacitor on the logic board and may have required a few charges and discharges to get it functioning correctly.
Is it working as normal now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no just turned to back on says hello then reverts to ----

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yeah, its a faulting capacitor on the board Kerry and its shorting out so it cannot load the firmware.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. Get a quote first on the repair as it can cost more then purchasing a replacement, depending on the labor costs and how much they can source it in for.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.