Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Why does my Samsung Galaxy keep turning itself off? The problem

Customer Question

Why does my Samsung Galaxy keep turning itself off? The problem started this morning.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When it turns itself off, does it go completely off instantly? OR says shutting down and does it normally like when you shut it down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Turns off instantly. And by the way it's using up a lot of battery power.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to Settings, Applications Manager
Swipe to the list ALL and find in the list GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK
Press it and press Clear Data.
Then restart the phone and tell me if it now functions correctly please Robert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It switches off before I can get there. It's working for less than 10 secs. I should have mentioned I removed both cards along with the battery. No joy.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its a hardware fault and as it comes on again its the mainboard in the phone thats shorting out. It is not a software or battery issue. It will be a capacitor on the board that is shorting out.Thanks I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I'm sure you've done all you can. Not to worry.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry, I fix these phones all day everyday, and I know the issues quickly when they come up.It can be firmware but knowing the results of our initial instructions confirms its not and the mainboard has faulted.They will replace it for you, they will see it straight away.Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service ratingThank you