Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic Quintris TX-28PK3 serial# ***** When switched

Panasonic Quintris TX-28PK3 serial# *****
When switched on with remote it immediately switches off again.
Any ideas please what needs changing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you switch it on at the TV itself, same problem?
Just want to rule out the remote as malfunctioning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard it has several remotes but even at TV button switch on, it is the same problem.

Calvin

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks CalvinThe power board is failing, will be a blown capacitor. When it gets to high a charge it shorts out. If you look you'll likely see one bulging or corrosive.The power board in these Panasonic do not sell anymore so your only option would be to find a second hand one with a different issue (eg: Broken screen, no picture or sound, and use the power board from this into your. Though to be honest, with the cost of TV;s today, I would advise to just replace it as the cost for repairing and with no warranty given on the parts, it's going to be around the cost of a replacement TV of the same specifications.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard thank you I will have a look in the back.

Calvin

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Calvin
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.