How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Engineer
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 36572
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Richard is online now

I have a hitachi 50hyt52u and have bought a Panasonic sound

Resolved Question:

i have a hitachi 50hyt52u and have bought a Panasonic sound bar. I have got music to pla on it but not tv. cant find my audio output settings. sory have a bad hand
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the model of the Sound bar?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model is sc htb680. I think I have the cables correct. I have played some music by coonecting my phone via Bluetooth. in my troublesootin guide it says check the audio output setting on my coonected device bu I cant these on my tv

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On your TV it has to have the HDMI port labelled as HDMI (Arc) ans connect this cable, else you need to also use the optical cable.
You can see this on page 9 of the manual here
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the coorect cable but I need to tell the tv what audio output settings to use and I cant find these setiings on the tv

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You dont tell the TV this, it is automatic as its always outputting to the ports
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in the soundbar troubleshooting guide it states check the audio output settings on the connected device

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you do not need to for TV's. As I mentioned, ARC sends the sound back, so if you have Arc on the HDMI port it is this port you use, else you use a HSMI port and the optical cable on the TV.
Richard and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you

Related Electronics Questions