Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an Onkyo A8200 amplifier. It's very old, but I love

I have an Onkyo A8200 amplifier. It's very old, but I love it. Recently, it has gone into mute, and I can't unmute it without the remote control which I no longer have. Help, please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will need a remote for this, if it is indeed in mute (you will only know when you unmute it via the remote).
You can get the replacement remote here
https://www.amberonline.com.au/products/onkyo-spares/24140142A
And with the remote you will then be able to unmute it, but it will have to be done via the remote.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would there be a UK stockist/distributor for this remote?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No sorry I checked this for you and it is just too old, this is the only distributor still selling this remote sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help, Richie. At $94 / £43, it may be time to consign her to recycling and get a younger model...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I understand, they can make it that expensive as it is so rare.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you