Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just had someone on the phone saying they are from Microsoft

Customer Question

I have just had someone on the phone saying they are from Microsoft and that I am being accessed and infected. I am certainly getting loads of pop-ups telling me I have a problem. the caller quoted my licence number and said only Microsoft could do this. He is calling back in an hour. HELP please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is a scam, you are not being access or infected, it is a common trick that these compaines are doing to try to gain access to your computer and your credit card details.
When they call back, do not engage with them, just hang up and above all do not allow them access to your computer.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, Thank you I thought that was the case. I have an almost permanent box from Malwarebytes anti-malware telling me that my database is out of date!?? what is this I am also getting at least 2 other companies popping up telling me there are problems with my computer - is there a way of stopping them?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
it sounds like you have a lot of infections on your computer that need to be cleaned.
Nothing to do with the phone call.
I have made an addition service request if you wish for me to sign onto your computer and clean these Meg?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did pay about that much 2 weeks ago - will this apply every time I need help The engineer assured me he had cleaned my computer but these problems have been there ever since

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It tells me that I have a version already and to delete it - How?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you already have it installed, so look in your list of programs and run it from there please Meg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

ID:###-##-####/p>

password:1701

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
did you lose internet or close Teamviewer as I was disconnected when runninng the scan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I didn't do anything but I realised you had lost it so I came back in The Malware box has come back bur my screen has corrected.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, is it still running the scan?
And can you run Teamviewer again and give me the password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard I hope you are still there. I lost you and typed in a request for you but it was blocked. I now have a new password ***** you ready for it/

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please give password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3776 thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks