Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How do you reset remote code without the remote. Manual tells

How do you reset remote code without the remote. Manual tells you to access the function menu but cannot find function menu on the main unit
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the device you are referring to please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
panasonic dmr-ex77eb
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksTo check you also have no remote for the player correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a remote but it does not operate the machine. Remote delivered with no batteries. So my understanding is you have to set the code to the dvd recorder
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you set the code on the remote FOR the DVD Recorder.
Whats the make and model of the remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
panasonic 2qayb000127
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I have no remotes coming up for this. But if its a panasonic it will only work with the devices it is programmed for.Where did you purchase it from? Do you have a link so I can check it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was from amazon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it would just work out of the box for the remote, as if its a panasonic it is pre programmed. If its not working, then its not compatible for this playerYou got the wrong remote, return it and get this one, it works and nothing needs to be done but putting in the batterieshttp://www.amazon.co.uk/GENUINE-PANASONIC-CONTROL-DMR-EX77EB-DMR-EX77/dp/B009B7LGQAIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you