Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an LG flat screen tv 32" that has a noise comming from

Customer Question

I have an LG flat screen tv 32" that has a noise comming from the back of the tv towards the top, it is like a high pitch sound, do you know what i can do or what it may be?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry about TV problem. - Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- How old it is and how long it have had the problem?These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant get the model number at the moment, but its about 6 years old, the noise was there but not so bad when i last used it, it hasent been used for a while but everything else is fine.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. TV model number will help to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.Do you get any trouble with TV like delayed power up or picture quality issue due to that high pitch sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing at all
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, it seems high pitch sound is coming out due to failing capacitors on power supply board as switching regulator chips work on high frequency, either replace bad capacitors or entire power supply board will help to resolve the issue.Please note that above reply is generic as I still don't know your TV model number. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont worry, cancel this!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Contact customer service for cancellation as I have no control over such matters.