Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Have a Panasonic tx-48cx400b just arrived and cannot configure

Have a Panasonic tx-48cx400b just arrived and cannot configure my BT you view remote to operate it, my old tv was Panasonic and the BT you view remote worked it fine.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly which procedure you followed so we do not do this again as there are a lot of recommended procedures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Holding down the TV and the tv AV button until the blue remote light flashes three times then input the Panasonic number 3846 where it should flash three times in acknowledgement but flashes 4 times and blue remote light stays on and the remote is frozen
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that is the correct code. Take out the batteries in the remote, wait 2 minutes, put the batteries back in and then try the procedure againTell me what then happens please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same thing.
Have also reset remote by holding down ad, delete sub and BT player buttons until blue light flashes three times.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but did it flash 3 or 4 times this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The remote resets fine but same result on trying procedure
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then the remote is not compatible with the TV you have sorry, They try to put as many models together but it is not always covering all which is the issue in your case.you will need to get a true universal remote, one that will work for both devices.The Logitech Harmony 525 does this and is very easy to setup (va the computer) and can be purchased via my link belowhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-Advanced-Universal-Control/dp/B000BFGZS0But you will need to use a universal remote such as this to use both units via one remoteIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you