Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My SAMSUNG - UE48J5600 Smart 48" LED TV will not connect to

My SAMSUNG - UE48J5600 Smart 48" LED TV will not connect to the internet. It recognizes the router , network and password, the ip address , mac address , dns etc but wont connect. our mobile devices can see the tv on the network as local host .
What do i need to do to get it working?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the message when it fails to connect please?
And does it actually connect to the wireless but gets no internet from it?
Also please tell me the make and model of your wifi router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The message is:

"Cannot connect to network Check security key on wireless router and check IP is set correctly in Ip settings are correct "

TV is a

SAMSUNG - UE48J5600

model no :UE48J5600AK

The router is a Plusnet Techncolor TG582n plusnet

The ip address and password ***** correct as our laptops and phones are on the wireless and the TV can be seen as local host.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What are the IP settings you set on the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mac address _bc:14;85:b8:41:f1

ip address: 192.168.1.176

sub net :255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.254

DNS: get automatically

DNS server: 192.168.1.254

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On this computer click start, type in CMD and press enter
In the black window type in
ipconfig
Press enter and tell me the IP Address and default gateway here please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it is too small for me to see the numbers.
Can you tell me them here please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DNS suffix lan

ip 192.168.1.162

subnet 255.255.255.0

:gateway192.168.1.254

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, on the TV, set the DNS as 4.2.2.2
Save this and tell me if it now connects please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no same message even with the DNS server set as 4.2.2.2

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, on the back of the internet router is a reset button
Hold this in for 10 seconds then release.
Then on the TV go to
MENU > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset > Try Now
Let the reset complete, setup the TV and connect it to the wireless leaving all settings as Automatic.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same message cannot connect

mac address _bc:14;85:b8:41:f1

ip address: 192.168.1.178

sub net :255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.1

DNS server: 4.2.2.2

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Is it connected via cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was but after thr reset I it wouldn't give me the option to use wireless so I pulled the cable out to . The wired connection failed as well before I pulled the cable

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted and will be the network module, we have ruled everything else out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

now the TV doesnt work !

when I switch it on I get network settings and no ability to use any other options to get channels or return or anything

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, this further proves there is an issue with the mainboard Lizzy, its faulty and your going to have to return it sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Have rung Samsung support, should have done this first!

After another hour of IP address configuration and resetting to factory defaults and hotspot tethering conclusion is an engineer is coming out onsite to sort it out.

At least we have the TV channels back again even if the smart tv is not working.

FYI the DNS server is either 8.8.8.8. or 8.8.4.4 ( not 4.2.2.2 this is an old server)

I had to dash off to work as I was already 2 hours overdue , hence the tardy response.

Lizzy

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
4.2.2.2 is the best to use. 8.8.8.8 is google, 4.2.2.2 is the oldest and best DNS server on the internet. The second one is 4.4.4.4 not 8.8.4.4 that does not existBut as I said the network component is faulty and they will need to replace it LizzyIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you